a not so average take on a less-than-average life

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Call for an Independent Texas

I need to stop watching the news because....

OH MY GOD! Someone in Texas just shot two people in cold blood. Murdered them as they were running away. In broad daylight, in front of his neighbor's suburban home. And the debate is whether he has broken the law.

Apparantly, Texas has just passed a law that makes it legal to shoot someone to 'defend your property'. So, this old white man saw two black immigrants breaking into his neighbor's house. He called 911. They said they were sending someone. The white man said 'I have a shotgun. Do you want me to do anything?'. The 911 operator told the man to stay in his home. The white man said 'I have a right to defend myself. I know the law they just passed. I can shoot them' The 911 operator told the man 'no', over 11 times. And when the two black men came out the white man shot them, in the back, while the police were on the way.

And he may not have even broken a law?

What? It is illegal not to wear your seat belt; it is illegal not to have your car registered (I almost got arrested for that one); it is illegal to smoke cigarettes pretty much everywhere nowadays, yet it is legal to MURDER someone in COLD BLOOD, with proven intent? People in California are in jail for life for being caught with weed too many times. And it is legal to murder someone?

Seriously, we need to get rid of Texas. They are the source of all of our problems if you think about it. Immigration, the kind that makes everyone angry (I am constantly amazed at people's hatred of immigrants 'cause where were your grandparents from? Mine sure didn't come here legally all those years ago), really Texas' problem. They are the ones who stir the pot and get all angry. I don't here California shouting about any damn fence. And why is alternative energy been stalling for all these years in Congress? The oil lobby, aka Texas.

And then they can have their guns and their pickup trucks and their crazy Wacos and their bad politicians. Hell, we can even throw Oklahoma in, if they want. We will miss Austin and the astronauts saying 'Houston', and I will really miss Ron Paul because I think he is just great and so needed and I've always been grateful that he is not a Democrat because I might then have to vote for him, but I really think it's a win-win situation for all. And remember, Ron is originally from Pennsylvania so he could retain his U.S. Citizenship.

No comments: