a not so average take on a less-than-average life

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Oscars

The Oscars is starting...

I love the Oscars, always have. Maybe it's because my first Oscars was the one with Cher in the infamous headdress. No, it's actually because I want to win one. Three actually. All for best original screenplay. I of course have not yet written any of these screenplays but I do have all three speeches planned as well as a rough idea of what I will wear (I've always thought a pale icy blue for my first).

This is kind of a strange Oscars for me. It's pretty much the first year that I have absolutely no opinions on who should win because I have seen no movies (budget & time constraints). So I'm judging pretty much based on who I would have sex with . So, Javier Bardem. But, at least this is the first year that I can not be disappointed. Because I'll be honest, most years I swear I will never watch the Oscars again after the atrocious decisions the Academy makes (proof of the idiocy of the masses). All I have to say is Titanic. But, most of these movies seem really good. Except for Atonement. Don't know about the movie but I hated the book. Absolutely hated. Allowing a lying brat and a misunderstanding to ruin true love. Bull$#%*. I have no pity, no respect, no anything for characters who allow that. Bull$#*@.

I do love that green dress though. I could wear that to my second Oscars, it would be vintage.

No comments: